Experts say that spending your money on experiences rather than things will make you happier and we know this to be true! Here are a few more items to add to your Turks and Caicos vacation bucket list.
1.“Go Fish Fry” on Thursday night: Take in the sights and sounds of the vibrant Junakoo while feasting on local dishes such as crab and rice or lobster mac and cheese. The nearby weekly fish fry is definitely not an event to be missed and is one of the best ways to fully experience the culture of these beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands.
2. Rent a car to explore the island or book a tour to visit either North or South Caicos islands to experience how life in the Turks and Caicos really was!
3. Go horseback riding on scenic Long Bay Beach. The islands are also home to their own riding stables, Provo Ponies and there’s no better way to experience the Turks and Caicos’ beautiful beaches than by riding along into the sunset on horseback.
4. Take a helicopter tour since you won’t truly appreciate the whiteness of the beaches and the gorgeous turquoise ocean until you see them from above!
5. Try tabletop BBQ grilling at Fire and Ice right here at Blue Haven and have a fun time grilling your own meal without ever having to get up.
6. Take a journey down ‘The Hole.’ ‘The Hole’, located in Long Bay in Providenciales is a 40 foot naturally formed limestone hole. Not only is it worth a visit to witness its immense size, but if you want to test your adventurous side you can also be lowered down on a rope where a swimming hole lies at the bottom.
7. Snorkel Smith’s Reef. Smith’s Reef is one of the best snorkeling locations on the island and is accessible straight from the beach.
8. Take our complimentary shuttle to Alexandra Resort, also part of the Turks and Cacios Collection to go swimming in Grace Bay Beach. It is one of the world’s best beaches and your kids will love the soft sand and completely clear water.
9. Go under water but never get wet with a submarine tour for passengers of all ages. Be sure to keep an eye out for all manner of wildlife including fish, turtles, and rays.
10. See what the swim-up bar is all about. You’ve always wanted to experience a resort with it’s very own swim-up bar and Blue Haven Resort has a beautiful one! Share a drink with friends without ever having to towel off.